Monday, July 18, 2011

Miscellaneous projects

With my Etsy shop getting stocked and Mia kitted out with some very cute dresses for the upcoming months, I decided to do some gift-making.



First, a baby shower gift. I found this lovely soft cotton with colourful elephants and thought it would be perfect. I was very happy with how it turned out. The diaper change pad rolls up nice and small for the baby bag, and the diaper and wipes case is the perfect size. I used just a bib of Mia's to cut out the pattern for these bibs and they turned out perfectly.










Then, a gift for a 7 year-old soon to embark on a long plane trip. I wanted to make the stationery bag as compact as possible, so none of the existing patterns for fold-out stationery organizers were really appropriate. I cut out four long rectangles on the fold and sewed around each of them separately, before putting them together and sewing around all four of them together. With some home-made binding, I enclosed all the rough edges and added a zipper to keep everything in. On one of the layers, I sewed a pocket, in this case to hold a pencil sharpener.






Next, a cute doll for a friend's new baby, although with the hair and dress, she won't be able to play with it until she's quite a bit bigger. I found a doll pattern and tutorial on http://missyballance.typepad.com/crafty_carnival/2007/02/free_doll_patte.html and thought she looked very cute.






Finally, another baby present. This chicken comes from http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2009/04/spring-chicken-pattern/.








I've made extras of the stationery bag and baby shower gift and these can be viewed in my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Utsukushiiya?ref=pr_shop




Next? To combine some ideas and come up with a new project! Stay tuned...













No comments:

Post a Comment