Saturday, September 3, 2016

Book Week Dress Up - WHERE IS THE GREEN SHEEP?

This year's book week theme was Australia: Story Country. I was excited at the thought of my daughter getting dressed up for her first book week parade at school as I have such fond memories of my own back in primary school.

We went through our bookshelves looking for ideas and stopped at "Where is the Green Sheep?" by Mem Fox. It's a strong favourite in our house and also one of the first books that my daughter read by herself. So we picked up a bright green sweater at an op shop.


I cut the arms off and we found a green winter hat in the cupboard, as well as some leggings and a green long-sleeved shirt. Then we set to work on a sheep mask. I loved that she could help to make it herself. Thank you Danya Banya for the mask idea :)

Masks complete! The test run.
Off to school as a green sheep!
Simple, no frills and a proper book character! <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment