1. Print pattern . Match up the numbers and join with tape. Place along the folded edge of the fabric and cut out. You should have two dress pieces and two facing pieces from the fabric. If using a light fabric, you could also cut two facing pieces from a light iron-on interfacing and iron these to the wrong sides of the facing fabric before sewing.
2. With right sides of the dress pieces together, sew down the side seams of the dress, leaving a 1cm seam allowance. Press seams open.
3. With right sides of the facing pieces together sew down the sides with a 1cm seam allowance. Press seams open.
4. Use a zig zag stitch or serger to sew along the bottom edge of the facing, to prevent fraying.
5. Place the dress inside the facing, so that right sides are together. Sew right around the arm holes, shoulders and neck, joining these two pieces. Trim corners and turn out the right way. Press.
6. Fold over the hem 1cm and press. Fold over again 2cm and press again. Sew along the hem.
7. Sew buttonholes in place on the back shoulder flap and buttons in place on the front shoulder flap. Check positioning by trying the dress on before sewing.